The DC Zone

A Distributed Computing Community
Home Home  Member Map
Help  HelpSearch  Search
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.
  Current Time:November 11, 2019, 09:35:28 PM
+  The DC Zone
|-+  DC Projects
| |-+  World Community Grid
| | |-+  Leaving DC
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
Topic: Leaving DC (Read 20550 times) Print
carl.h

Position: Board Regular

After many, many attempts at getting some communication from WCG  clarifying my membership none whatsoever has been forthcoming. Many emails were sent, along with attempts through the help contact. No mail or communication was attempted by WCG. Their staff have failed time and again to follow their own rules. I am neither banned nor able to use the forum. As Captain of the Teddies this is an intolerable situation.

If WCG wish to ban me at least let me know as in the Software Agreement and I would remove their software from my machines. It appears they wish to keep my machines, time, money and effort but not give me a voice. On the subject of what happened on the forum I quote David Autumns a respected member of the Community.

I must admit I'm miffed with so much to say this end and nowhere to say it.

I saw no reason why it should be shut down for the weekend unfortunately in the past we have had worse and saw our way through it. I'm sure we given the opportunity we could have worked through this one too.

But that said along with the deafening silence I say here's to the next 100 Million Results and the next 100,000 years

Without communication with the WCG staff to clarify my membership, I feel I am being taken for a fool and have no wish to continue working/paying for any type of project these people are involved with. I feel they have treated me with the utmost disrespect.

To my friends I say thankyou for the company these last 6 years, to those that I`ve argued with my opinion remains just that and no personal malice was intended. I realise there are people that would have found me loud and arrogant, it`s how I am both online and in life but if you were in trouble and needed help I`d be the first to your side. That is who I am, I am not a pretender, skin deep or profess something just to have someones backing. What you see is what you get.

Thankyou for everything over the years especially those I have come to respect and love.

I will still be around but Boinc has been removed, those that say nothing are often more hurtful than the most truthful pain.

Good luck in all your endeavours and may all of you be as lucky as me to have found more than one true friend as you travel this life alone.
-------------------------------
Oh Oh here comes trouble !

Teddies home
IP: [ Logged ] WWW
fingerle

Resistance is Futile!
Group: Global Moderator
Position: Just Plain Smappy

Thinking I too feel they over reacted with the closing of the forums..... I don't know exactly everything that was said, nor do I choose to be concerned with the conversation.

It does tweak me that the have denied you an explanation or even the courtesy of a reply.

I have been thinking about moving away from WCG since they did the gestapo closing bit on the forums.   

Defiantly don't be a stranger Carl.
Crunch with BitBenderTech at WCG
IP: [ Logged ]
pwrguru

I WORK TO BREAK THIS FORUM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I never like censorship on any forum.....I feel that WCG was way out of line as a whole.....To shut down the forums to everyone is nat the answer and never will be...I also feel that is time to look for another project....
phicks

Teddie
Position: DC Zoner

Kiss for my Capt.     Sad
pwrguru

I left a couple of posts over there today............. Whistle
phicks

Teddie

.I also feel that is time to look for another project....

I'll finish up the work I have but thats the end of it.   Sad
pwrguru

I will just move back to running other projects....Crunchers Inc always could use the help CCC...............
fingerle

Resistance is Futile!

well now that made the choice a bit easier....

Check the second post here

That was uncalled for...

I not even going to bother letting the current workload complete.  So anyone running Boinc and waiting on what I had for validation....  Well?  Sorry.... Confused
phicks

Teddie

Yes it was uncalled for and knew there would be some that would go that route.  Was very disappointed who posted it though.  Thought she was above something like that.   Huh?

Anyways I'm detaching at the moment as well.   Thumbs Up
fingerle

Resistance is Futile!

Now I gotta figure out something else (if anything) to run... Thinking
Adywebb

DC Prostitute

Where am I ???

I've posted over there, and I'm saddened it has come to this  Sad

I am considering my position over at WCG too......
john galbraith

Yes it was uncalled for and knew there would be some that would go that route.  Was very disappointed who posted it though.  Thought she was above something like that.   Huh?

What she did really didn't surprise me at all.  She was acting the same way over at grid towards the end.
I just knew something like this was going to happen when the grid people flooded in.  The old saying "There goes the neighborhood" was never more true. Sad
carl.h

I am an ex serviceman, I`m no Angel and have/do accept punishment but to read the lies WCG now state means I cannot accept them in a position of authority. I`m sorry it has come to this, the arguments were slight and had no expletives or threats....WCG put in a banning rule after the fact and never did officially let me know that was the state of affairs until that post at WCG tonight.

Thankyou for your support but it is sad to see this this happen to such great people who`ve put more time and effort into projects such as this.

I am truely humbled ! Embarrassed
Oh Oh here comes trouble !

Teddies home
fingerle

Resistance is Futile!

LoCatus just had to post another one.
quoted
Who's this  Didactylos community admin type anyway? (his is the embedded quote).
but there is no doubt it will have had an effect on timescales. We will now have to wait longer for things like the stats overhaul and forum upgrade. Don't know about you, but that makes me very unhappy.

And the X-box 360 is the best most reliable game console on the market.  [Smiley)]

I found your statement rather amusing. [Smiley)]
cswchan

Position: Chatterbox

So... the exodus begins... have already set the Boinc Manager not to get new work since our last camping trip... just going to let the WUs complete & move on back to my regular crunching...
pwrguru

They (WCG) are really on my [spit]list now.....I have had 3 posts deleted tonight....And the sad part was that i wasn't even being a smartass like normal................ Angry
phicks

Teddie

So it begins Guru  lol 
john galbraith

Now I gotta figure out something else (if anything) to run... Thinking

If you come up with anything good, let us know.

They keep saying that the forum has nothing to do with the science and, technically, that's true but I'm not comfortable being attached to a project that includes people I wouldn't want to have a drink with.  Trouble is, those types are everywhere and how far do I want to run?  And why should I have to anyway?  They are the latecomers, the ones who trashed us for leaving grid while they remained loyal to a project that scr*wed them in the end.  Why should we, the ones who helped make WCG what it is, back down from these fools now?  We should all band together and confront the forum managers at WCG to make our feelings known.  As a group representing a lot of crunching power, we might be heard.
fingerle

Resistance is Futile!

I'll be sure to let ya know John

Folding still has issues with the new clients, and there is still too much whining on the forums about how one platform gets more points than another for my liking.

I'm still laughing that Didactylos seems to think that the entire incident can be used as an excuse if the "timetable" changes.  rofl

phicks

Teddie

He would blame Carl for global warming if he could.   
pwrguru

It is a waste of time...Ud didn't listen and look what happened to them....WCG is doing the exact same thing now....
PiNkY

the dang enigma
Group: AVFWWHGQM

*squeek*

not sure what all happened, sad to see what's come about over there Sad
cswchan

Looks like this new project is going to be added to The Vault... I have just started a team there...

http://www.team-ninja.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=41598

TLD

Charles is a Crunchers Inc team?
cswchan

Charles is a Crunchers Inc team?

Yes...