The DC Zone

A Distributed Computing Community
Home Home  Member Map
Help  HelpSearch  Search
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.
  Current Time:June 24, 2018, 07:03:56 PM
+  The DC Zone
|-+  The Lounge
| |-+  News and Views
| | |-+  Gay penguins break up over affair
Pages: [1]
Topic: Gay penguins break up over affair (Read 3051 times) Print
Johnny Cool

The Editor
Position: DC Zoner

July 13, 2009 05:00pm

A POPULAR gay penguin couple have broken up after a lonely widowed female penguin courted one of them in her ex-partner's burrow at a zoo.

Male Magellan penguins Harry and Pepper have been together since 2003 at the San Francisco Zoo.

The pair nested together and even incubated an egg laid by another penguin in 2008, but their relationship hit the rocks earlier this year when a female penguin, Linda, befriended Harry after her long-time companion died.

Photos - More cute animals at play

This did not go over well with Pepper, who became violent. The three penguins were separated for some time following the fight.

"They have been doing okay since,” said Zookeeper Jennifer Katz. “They have been getting along okay. But Pepper is by himself now, so we are keeping an eye on the three of them."

Of all of the parents that year, they were the best. They took very good care of their chick," Brown told the San Francisco Examiner in a story published Saturday.

Enter the widow Linda, who began courting Harry in her partner's old burrow shortly after his death this past winter, Brown said.

"To be completely anthropomorphizing, Linda seems conniving," Zookeeper Anthony Brown said. "She's got her plan. I don't think she was wanting to be a single girl for too long."

Though Harry and Linda have been nesting in recent months, molting season in late summer tends to reshuffle couples, KTVU-TV reported Sunday.

"It'll be interesting to see if Harry spends any of that time with Pepper," Brown said. "We'll have to wait and see."

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,25774766-5012895,00.html

-----------------------------------

Linda seems conniving   Devil rofl  Hoghappy Grin
-------------------------------
"Always try to be modest. And be damn proud of it!".

IP: [ Logged ]
rwillis

Communiter Bona profundere Deum est
Position: Just Plain Smappy

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Hmm rofl rofl

pwrguru

I WORK TO BREAK THIS FORUM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Only JC......... rofl  rofl
Ghost Plane

Supreme Global Commander

So 1's gay and one's bi Thinking
IP: [ Logged ] WWW
pwrguru

looks that way...... rofl
Dark Angel

Only slightly cranky

Nah, they were both straight but decided it was "bro's before ho's" ... until the right ho came along anyway

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." -Terry Pratchett
pwrguru

Nah, they were both straight but decided it was "bro's before ho's" ... until the right ho came along anyway
I don't know what scares me more, that you wrote that or that I agree with it........ Thinking  rofl  rofl
Dark Angel

Only slightly cranky

Well as far as the article reads, the couple were declared "gay" after behaving like little more than room-mates.  Eh  Felt like off-loading half the rent and having someone else to yell at the game on tv is more like it.

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." -Terry Pratchett
Ghost Plane

Supreme Global Commander

Hmm mmm. So where did raising a chick come in. Ain't no bros 'round heah be raisin' no chick o nobody else Thinking
IP: [ Logged ] WWW
Dark Angel

Only slightly cranky

You haven't met some of the single mums around these parts ... being raised by "the odd couple" would be a viable option!  Doh

pwrguru

You haven't met some of the single mums around these parts ... being raised by "the odd couple" would be a viable option!  Doh
It isn't just there.....My youngest girls friends mom pawns her kids off on anyone that will take them so she can go out and party.....Very sad....
« previous next »

Forum Index Unread Posts

Print
Pages: [1]
« previous next »
Jump to: