The DC Zone

A Distributed Computing Community
Home Home  Member Map
Help  HelpSearch  Search
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.
  Current Time:December 10, 2018, 05:43:47 PM
+  The DC Zone
|-+  DC Projects
| |-+  World Community Grid
| | |-+  Camping
Pages: 1 [2]  All
Topic: Camping (Read 11253 times) Print
TLD

Group: Global Moderator
Position: DC Zoner

vaio and some others are there on an unofficial as of yet trek (hasn't been voted on at Base Camp)..
Last Edit: October 21, 2009, 10:09:59 PM by TLD
IP: [ Logged ]
PiNkY

the dang enigma
Group: AVFWWHGQM

*squeek*

i'll lurk by for a while since it's interesting to see the pup up and about....
-------------------------------
Johnny Cool

The Editor

Statistics Last Updated:   10/21/09 23:59:59 (UTC) [3 hour(s) ago]

Techpowerup

Totals:   
Current Members   256 (#105)
Retired Members   16
All-Time Members   272
Total Run Time (y:d:h:m:s) (Rank)   220:053:03:47:07 (#114)
Points Generated (Rank)   241,928,345 (#52)
Results Returned (Rank)   420,739 (#73)

Geez, who is next?  Team 2c  or  Easynews?  Huh? Someome needs to see that movie Excalibur (1981). The myth of King Arthur brought once again to the screen. Uthur Pendragon is given the mystical sword Excalibur by the wizard Merlyn. At his death Uthur buries the sword into a stone, and the next man that can pull it out will be King of England. Years later Arthur, Uthur's [buzzard] son draws Excalibur and becomes king. Guided by Merlyn, Arthur marries Guenivere and gathers the Knights of the Round Table. Arthur's evil half-sister Morgana sires a son with him, who may prove his downfall.

As the title would suggest, it follows the travels of the legendary sword Excalibur through Arthurian myth, from the violent, powerful hands of Uther Pendragon, to a long-years' rest in the stone to being redrawn by Uther's son Arthur, who uses it to defeat the evil invaders and establish the great court of Camelot and the great Knights of the Round Table. It is there in Arthur's glory years and in his decline, brought on by the love affair between his wife Guenevere and best friend and best knight Sir Lancelot, the Holy Grail Quest which produces many casualties among the knights, and the arrival of Mordred, the son Arthur had by his evil half-sister, the sorceress Morgana. Through it all, the magician Merlin watches over everything, always ready to throw in a Charm of Making when it's called for.

The quest for the Holy Grail, when things went south (like it is now when selecting Teams) in The Kingdom after Queen Guenevere went and seduced the great noble "Gentleman And Knight", Sir Lancelot.

The cause was lost. Sir Lancelot remains as the penultimate "Gentleman" (yes, you Ladies will have another story as usual). LOL! Remember your friends and do not betray the King.

I can think of at least 4 'more worthy" Teams than the one mentioned above.

PCQ&A - because they lost their "heart and soul" cruncher, Mark099 mentioned here:

http://www.pcqanda.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=5&topic_id=36096&mesg_id=36096&page=

If you cannot (for some reason see this thread), just take go there and take a look. This guy was like John Wayne. I have read that thread several times and ... I still think about him. Seriously. The Man had guts like no other it seems.

BBT - Yes BBT. LOL! We had a 'friendly Team Challenge' one time and we lost that one.

SeriousCrunchers - Geez, you gotta love those folks.

Lastly, Team Andrax. We have been doing some serious crunching lately and don't need help right now. Maybe later! LOL!

Eh, just my 2 centavos. Oh yeah, I did get lucky with some stock several months ago. I was down to my last $500 bucks when, a 'Divine Intervention' set in. I am ready to do some serious upgrading. And yes, I was so far "down there" that I really went through some major hell. Not like Mark099 though. Anyways, let us all crunch on.  Thumbs Up

Last Edit: October 21, 2009, 11:23:46 PM by Johnny Cool
"Always try to be modest. And be damn proud of it!".

PiNkY

the dang enigma
Group: AVFWWHGQM

*squeek*

Eh

it's a weekday, jc...leave 'rita alone. lol
vaio

[email protected] cheerleader and Mod!!!

JC

As far as I can recall all of the teams you mentioned have been visited before, some numerous times.

It can be argued that TPU have lost a serious bunch of crunching power since Mike had to scale back his operation and many of the XS guys who helped get them started have since gone home.

I chose them because they are a young enthusiastic team with an active friendly forum, plus some big hitters, so we know we won't "steal anyone's thunder".

I selected a team that ticks all the boxes.
Beyond that I don't see why I have to justify anything.

I just wanted to hit WCG a while due to a personal loss this week.

If nobody wants to tag along that's just fine.

Jeez.
Schizophrenia is all a matter of opinions!

We eat pie not count Pi
Ghost Plane

Supreme Global Commander
Position: Just Plain Smappy

Chill people. We're all broke, we're all stressed, and it's all good wherever we're crunching.
IP: [ Logged ] WWW
rwillis

Communiter Bona profundere Deum est
Position: Just Plain Smappy

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

I'm in for a few days  - was getting bored anyway

Johnny Cool

The Editor

author=PiNkY

it's a weekday, jc...leave 'rita alone. lol

Chill people. We're all broke, we're all stressed, and it's all good wherever we're crunching.

pup, what the Ladies posted.  Wink Yes, I was feeling no pain last night. Not tipsy or drunk (I don't do those things).

It'a all Gold.  Thumbs Up
"Always try to be modest. And be damn proud of it!".

vaio

[email protected] cheerleader and Mod!!!

Trek is proving successful with a good turnout  Smiley
Schizophrenia is all a matter of opinions!

We eat pie not count Pi
« previous next »

Forum Index Unread Posts

Print
Pages: 1 [2]  All
« previous next »
Jump to: