The DC Zone

A Distributed Computing Community
Home Home  Member Map
Help  HelpSearch  Search
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.
  Current Time:December 12, 2018, 10:36:52 AM
+  The DC Zone
|-+  The Lounge
| |-+  News and Views
| | |-+  Evil spammers using my email and AT&T wants me to pay $15 a month to stop them!
Pages: [1]
Topic: Evil spammers using my email and AT&T wants me to pay $15 a month to stop them! (Read 4825 times) Print
Ghost Plane

Supreme Global Commander
Position: Just Plain Smappy

I don't THINK so! Let the spam roll thru their system. Looking like it's time to slowly wean away from those accounts. But for now, this is one of my main personal accounts and I'm going to prune that info off what I'll paste before, but give you guys the hackers' websites so you can indulge in any retaliatory actions you care to:  Twisted Twisted Twisted

Needless to say I am NOT paying AT&T to remotely screw around with my machine when they don't block this crap themselves as part of their service. Instead, they're going to mark MY address as spam. Thanks for nothing, useless monolith! I have GOT to find some competition in this town. With no TV, I hate to give up internet as well. 

Hi [I censored my account name]@bellsouth.net,

We provide high quality online dating.
Live chat is a chance for the best communication, where you can see your partner. You will have the best way to have the private video chat with beautiful single Girls from Russia and to talk about what you want.

If you can't click on the link, please copy it and paste it in the address bar of your browser.

http://eee.populiser.com

If you no longer wish to receive our commercial e-mail advertisements, simply unsubscribe.

http://www.pinepima.com/unsub.cgi
-------------------------------
IP: [ Logged ] WWW
fingerle

Resistance is Futile!
Group: Global Moderator

I stopped using my hotmail account due to the ever increasing amount of spam that finds it's way through their filters.

Only spam I get on my gmail account is from Google. LoL.

Now my comcast account. has never been given to anyone. So the only mail I get there are the monthly statements and
"Rip-you-off" per view highlights BS.
Crunch with BitBenderTech at WCG
IP: [ Logged ]
TLD

Position: DC Zoner

Yeah it's all about the money.
USAFA 82

Musafa
Position: Board Regular

I set up an account at NetAddress (usa.net) back in 1995 (when it was free) and use it for newsletters, contests and any other non-human use.  They have a great SPAM filter as I rarely get any spam in my main inbox.  I look in the junk mail section periodically to make sure something didn't get there by mistake and it's filled with all kinds of crap.  I think it costs me around $20 or $30 per year now.  I've kept it around because of the great spam filter and I've had to use it to get into accounts that hadn't been visited in years and forgotten the password.

Crunching with Christians at WCG
pwrguru

I WORK TO BREAK THIS FORUM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I only use gmail as yahoo was filling my inbox on a weekly bases....
Ghost Plane

Supreme Global Commander

Thanks for all the recommendations! Keep the advice coming as I'm getting tired of the same-ol, same-ol from ATT.
jan649

slacker spy

Thinking
cable co here gives you 5 email addys if you want them... I only have 1 .... but they are available if I need them
does hellsouth do that  Huh?
if so activate another email and change 1 letter or add a . (dot) in your old name
PiNkY

the dang enigma
Group: AVFWWHGQM

*squeek*

my advice......ditto to the gmail. on top of their spam filtering abilities, I've become rather attached to the way they group your email responses, as well as their ability to "tag" emails for easy filtering...
Ghost Plane

Supreme Global Commander

I have 5 HellSouth email accounts. They'll give up to 10 + a website, but I'm not about to give them access to a site.

Think I'll start rolling accounts, credit card notices, etc to gmail.
« previous next »

Forum Index Unread Posts

Print
Pages: [1]
« previous next »
Jump to: