The DC Zone

A Distributed Computing Community
Home Home  Member Map
Help  HelpSearch  Search
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.
  Current Time:September 20, 2018, 01:27:18 AM
+  The DC Zone
|-+  The Lounge
| |-+  Sharing and Caring: The Human Element
| | |-+  The Religious Zone
Pages: [1]
Topic: The Religious Zone (Read 3746 times) Print
Stephenish

Windmills tilted, cheap!
Position: DC Zoner

Honi soit qui mal y pense

In this zone, I am suggesting that we list people or situations that might be helped by the power of prayer.

The science supporting the power of prayer is widely available in the form of a well-known double blind study. People who were prayed for that were sick were healed faster. The conclusion of science says that prayer works.

I am noting here the importance of insight for scientists involved in creating programs and refining programs that seek to unravel mystery. I truly believe that prayer can inspire these people to greater discoveries.

Therefore, I propose that we use the power of prayer to empower and encourage the scientists who are working toward useful cures. Even pure science would be an acceptable target, if we feel there is a good chance that the science will lead us toward cures, one example would be Rosetta - athough no specific cure to a disease is being saerched for, the trickle down of a more accurate Rosetta model could lead to better analyses of folding proteins, which could lead to cures for many diseases.

That said, understanding the nature of the internet, I am proposing no rules other than honesty and integrity in posting.

Finally, I would like to include personal requests for the recovery of family and friends to also be included here. Especially if there is a worthy DC project that addresses a cure to a loved one's illness.

Please approach this project respectfully.
-------------------------------
I can think that than which a greater cannot be thought. Now, if that than which a greater cannot be thought existed only in the intellect, it would not be that than which a greater cannot be thought, since it can be thought to exist in reality which is greater. It follows, then, that that than which a greater cannot be thought exists in reality.
IP: [ Logged ]
Stephenish

Windmills tilted, cheap!

This, from Toyohiko Kagawa, Meditations on the Holy Spirit, Chapter VIII

"If the religion of Christ had not worked for the poor of the first century of Rome, giving the experience of the Holy Spirit, human history would not be such as it is today. The religion of love, which anyone, however poor, could experience and thereby enter into the consciousness of the children of God, which taught that God and human become one in Christ, changed the history of the world. Yes, through the reception of the Holy Spirit, even the most insignificant of people could enter for the first time into joy of fellowship with God.

"The experience of the indwelling of the Holy Spirit has a threefold joy. First is the realization that the sins of the past are all forgiven through the blood of Christ. Second is the consciousness that we who are already forgiven are kept by God, and that without fear we may draw near to God, and that we may joyfully live with God in a life of prayer. And third is the conviction that positively we may bear the cross, and that from the standpoint of the love of God we may become useful for the salvation of sinners.

"Exoeriencing this joy, Paul spoke of himself, 'I am now rejoicing in my sufferings for your sake, and in my flesh I am completing what is lacking in Christ's afflictions for the sake of his body, that is, the church.' And to the Philippians, he wrote, 'For he has graciously granted you the privilege not only of believing in Christ, but of suffering for him as well.' On examining the thirteen epistles of Paul, one finds that at first he was despondent about sin, but that after he became a prisoner and lived in prison, even though in prison, he could taste the life of the Holy Spirit and was filled with joy, so that in his letter to the Philippians he repeated the word joy more than ten times. On account of his understanding of the life of the Holy Spirit he lived a fruitful life filled with hope.

"In this way, by the Holy Spirit, truth was revealed to Paul. By the Holy Spirit love was poured upon him. Believing that a courageous will had been given to him, he felt very happy. He felt his duty to those in trouble, and as he felt this joy he knew that nothing could harm him. He understood that this joy first arose in human consciousness by the indwelling of God, and that God who sustained him from within was the Comforter.

"Through the consciousness of the presence of the indwelling Comforter, life is changed. Death and trouble and persecution are no longer problems to be considered. The joy of the presence of God's Spirit cannot be interpreted by reason. Many Christians really experience this. By the Holy Spirit, we can easily pass through death.

"Really, there are no words to express the experience of the Holy Spirit. I have felt such religious joy several times, and I have had the joy of being immersed in light; there are no words to describe that joy. I have felt an absolute joy that cannot be tasted in such pleasures as fame or gain or the pleasures of the physical nature.

"Christ said, 'Receive the Holy Spirit'; and at once he added, 'If you forgive the sins of any, they are forgiven.' That means the same as when he said 'Abide in my love.' That is, the Holy Spirit, as the truth, gives the content of consciousness. As the Sanctifier, he gives a guarantee of our perfection. But that again is not separate from his atoning love. The realization of this love is altogether by the power of the Holy Spirit. Paul who experienced this love received the power to overcome all things with the joy of love.

"Really, the Holy Spirit and love cannot be separated. Christ came into the world to show to the human race the love of God. All the teachings of Christ have relation to this love. Salvation means that God is love. Providence also means that we are kept by the love of God. Judgement means that God will weed out those who do not believe in the love of God. God is love. Christ is the crystal of God's love. The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of truth who reveals the atoning love of Christ.

"This love is not the love that the world gives. The love of the world is semiconscious. It loves only those whom it likes. But the love that is the fruit of the Holy Spirit is the full, conscious, atoning love that loves even those whom it dislikes.

"When we thus think, all the teaching of Christ is love. Through the consciousness of the joy of this love, it flows out eternally like never-ceasing oil from a vessel. It is at this point the evangelist John says that the Holy Spirit and love are not to be separated. The mystical experience of the Holy Spirit is the intuitive recognition of the love of God. For that reason, those who have had a deep experience of the Holy Spirit, however poor they may be, whatever sickness they may suffer, however much they may be persecuted, rejoice in the unceasing love of God. Truly, in this meaning, the Holy Spirit is the Comforter, and we may say that he is our Helper. The religion of the love of Christ is not a religion of fear. It is the fountain of love and joy and life. We must live forever in his love."
I can think that than which a greater cannot be thought. Now, if that than which a greater cannot be thought existed only in the intellect, it would not be that than which a greater cannot be thought, since it can be thought to exist in reality which is greater. It follows, then, that that than which a greater cannot be thought exists in reality.
oliviathefirst
Position: Settling Nicely

Stephenish
I loved reading that and hope that you'll respond and write more.
I'd like to hear experiences of others also,
'though I'm hesitant to write my own, because the net is so public,
and my experiences are so personal.

I think that there are more and more people in our world now,
who are knowing these transformations in their lives.

Thanks for sharing, Stephen.
I'm sorry that it took me so long to find your writings.
God loves you.
girdhar
Position: Getting Comfy

Hi,stephen
I am thankful to you for writing such a nice topic on this forum.
I agree with the comment that nothing is greater than god.though he is not visible it exist .Thats why sometimes things that seems to impossible  become possible and things that are not possible become possible......thank you
fingerle

Resistance is Futile!
Group: Global Moderator
Position: Just Plain Smappy

Yea girdhar he does come up with some good ones.  Cool
Crunch with BitBenderTech at WCG
Stephenish

Windmills tilted, cheap!

Nature herself has imprinted on the minds of all the idea of God- Cicero
Stephenish

Windmills tilted, cheap!

Shema Israel

Hear O, Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one.
Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with
all your soul and with all your strength. These
commandments that I give you today are to be upon
your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about
them when you sit at home and when you walk along
the road, when you lie down and when you get up.
Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on
your foreheads. Write them on the doorframes of
your houses and on your gates.

- Deuteronomy 6:4-9
Ghost Plane

Supreme Global Commander
Position: Just Plain Smappy

There you are Angel  Flowers
IP: [ Logged ] WWW
« previous next »

Forum Index Unread Posts

Print
Pages: [1]
« previous next »