The DC Zone

A Distributed Computing Community
Home Home  Member Map
Help  HelpSearch  Search
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.
  Current Time:December 09, 2019, 08:36:13 PM
+  The DC Zone
|-+  DC Projects
| |-+  World Community Grid
| | |-+  Trouble with Cancer AND Genome Projects
Pages: [1]
Topic: Trouble with Cancer AND Genome Projects (Read 2725 times) Print
john galbraith

Position: DC Zoner

Late last night, WCG's HDC project went sour for at least some people running it under the UD Agent.  Downloaded workunits will run for just a few seconds, then the agent wants to connect for another one, and another, etc.

The Genome Comparison project is sending out a lot of blank work units.  A machine getting such a unit will run for hours @ 100% cpu use but will not be producing any work at all.  Normal running time on a 2 gig cpu is 1-1/2 hours more or less.

Since HPF2 is still not back online after being pulled for problems, this leaves WCG with only one stable project - FAAH.

Huh?
-------------------------------
IP: [ Logged ]
PiNkY

the dang enigma
Group: AVFWWHGQM

*squeek*

I thought HPF2 had come back online recently?  Or did they pull it again?
john galbraith

You're right.  I missed the announcement.  Went live 11/10 but there are reports of new problems in the forums.  Some units are completing, then hanging at 100%.
Teletraan

THREAD LOCKER
Position: Chatterbox

From what I read, these problems seem to limited to the UD agent software. HPF2 is only available on UD so far, and only members using the UD agent who are running the HGC project have reported problems. I think.
Dark Angel

Position: Just Plain Smappy

Only slightly cranky

I've had oddball problems with HDC units on and off for a while.  Just occationally they will stop after about 1/2 hour and declare themselves finished.  I get an error result (naturally) but the others in the quorum get through fine.  I'd figured it must just be a memory call that my old hardware doesn't like.

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." -Terry Pratchett
EvoDude

Missing Kiwi

These probs seem to be limited to the UD agent. BOINC agent has been running throughout with no probs on either project.
IP: [ Logged ] WWW
Ghost Plane

Supreme Global Commander
Position: Just Plain Smappy

No problems here Huh?
IP: [ Logged ] WWW
john galbraith

Looks like they fixed the problem with the Genome project with a new software version.  Good, quick work. Thumbs Up   It does bother me that this project was released to the members in beta form without informing any of us of this fact.  Only after the glitch surfaced did they make that known.

HDC still won't work for me on the UD agent.  They are investigating the trouble, though.
TLD

Group: Global Moderator

WCG usually gets stuff fixed pretty quick.
« previous next »

Forum Index Unread Posts

Print
Pages: [1]
« previous next »
Jump to: